The Shiva Statue is 65 feet. The statue depicts Lord Shiva who is seated in Padmashan or Lotus position. This is the largest Shiva statue in India.
Shiva (pronounced /ˈʃiːvə/; Sanskrit: शिव Śiva, meaning “auspicious one” ) is a major Hindu deity, and the Destroyer or transformer among the Trimurti, the Hindu Trinity of the primary aspects of the divine. In the Shaiva tradition of Hinduism, Shiva is seen as the Supreme God. In the Smarta tradition, he is regarded as one of the five primary forms of God  and in the Brahma Kumaris perspective, he is known as Father, or Shiva Baba (Wikipedia).
Lord Shiva represents the aspect of the Supreme Being (Brahman of the Upanishads) that continuously dissolves to recreate in the cyclic process of creation, preservation, dissolution and recreation of the universe. Lord Shiva is the Lord of mercy and compassion. He protects devotees from evil forces such as lust, greed, and anger. He grants boons, bestows grace and awakens wisdom in His devotees (www.koausa.org).
Posted on: Mar 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM
- divinelynatural reblogged this from yeh-hai-meri-kahaani and added:
- divinelynatural likes this
- yeh-hai-meri-kahaani reblogged this from adventuretravelindia
- wastedlovestory likes this
- w3fa likes this
- adventuretravelindia reblogged this from indiawanderlust
- wolves--blood reblogged this from indiawanderlust
- katiepithecus likes this
- indiawanderlust reblogged this from meanderingwind
- saisree21 reblogged this from meanderingwind
- waveofeuphoriaa likes this
- shellfoo likes this
- meanderingwind posted this